My home is located in Micanopy, Florida. The Town of Micanopy encompasses 1.03 square miles near the Alachua-Marion County line in rural north-central Florida between Gainesville and Ocala. It's where the 1991 film "Doc Hollywood" was filmed. It's a quiet town with many antique stores. Most stores are only open on the weekend. My home overlooks Tuscawilla Lake and is surrounded by acres of ancient oak trees draped in Spanish Moss.
About Micanopy, Florida
Hotels: Gainesville, the home of the University of Florida, is located 15 minutes north of Micanopy. Ocala is 30 minutes south of Micanopy.
Restaurants in Micanopy:
- Coffee N' Cream - A Micanopy Cafe,
- Old Florida Cafe
- Blue Highway Pizzaria
- Pearl Country Store
- Antonio's Made in Italy (4 miles south of Micanopy)
Driving directions: Take I-75 to exit 374 (Micanopy) and head east. Follow the signs to Historic Micanopy. You can also reach Micanopy via State Road 441.
Traveling by Air:
- Gainesville Regional Airport is 30 minutes north of Micanopy and has a few American Airlines and Delta flights each day.
- Ocala International Airport is approximately 30 minutes south of Micanopy
- Orlando International Airport is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours south of Micanopy
- Jacksonville International Airport is approximately 1.5 hours northeast of Micanopy.