Get away from the city and participate in a Gathering under a canopy of ancient oak trees and lakeside in an open field. This full-day workshop will be a safe space to meet new friends, share our stories of spiritual awakening, get to know others on similar paths, channel our Divine selves. You may feel the energetic field of the trees, the caress of the wind, and be soothed by the sounds of nature around you. You'll be spending the day doing activities together, relaxing, unwinding, socializing and allowing Mother Earth to transmute your stress with others who will hold space for you to shine your light.
The next Gathering will be on November 4th, 2023. More information
About Micanopy, Florida
How to pronounce Micanopy (mick-uh-no-pee)
The Town of Micanopy encompasses 1.03 square miles near the Alachua-Marion County line in rural north-central Florida between Gainesville and Ocala. It's where the 1991 film "Doc Hollywood" was filmed. It's a quiet town with several antique stores. Many stores are closed from Monday - Thursday but open on the weekends. My home is surrounded by ancient oak trees draped in Spanish Moss.
Accommodations/Hotels: Gainesville, the home of the University of Florida, is located 15 minutes north of Micanopy and has many hotels. Ocala is 30 minutes south of Micanopy. You may want to check out Micanopy's historic Herlong Mansion Bed & Breakfast. There are also several Airbnb's in rural homes near Micanopy (McIntosh, Reddick, Citra)
Restaurants in Micanopy: (click on links for more information)
- Coffee N' Cream - A Micanopy Cafe,
- Old Florida Cafe
- Blue Highway Pizzaria,
- Pearl Country Store
- Antonio's Made in Italy (4 miles south of Micanopy)
Driving directions: Take I-75 north to exit 374 (Micanopy). Head east and follow the signs to Micanopy. You can also reach Micanopy via State Road 441.
Traveling by Air:
- Gainesville Regional Airport is 30 minutes north of Micanopy and has a few American Airlines and Delta flights each day.
- Ocala International Airport is approximately 30 minutes south of Micanopy
- Orlando International Airport is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours south of Micanopy
- Jacksonville International Airport is approximately 1.5 hours northeast of Micanopy.